Do you have Dry, Cracked Hands in the Fall and Winter Months?
Below are 3 DIY Matcha Hand Mask Recipes your hands will love.
When we think of masking, what typically comes to mind is a face mask. However even though face masks are amazing, there are other parts of the body that need just as much TLC. The hands are one of the most visible parts of our body and just as important to take care of. Often times we neglect taking care of our hands and they may appear dry, brittle, and cracked especially during the cooler months.
Many people only think about taking care of their hands once every few weeks when they get a manicure, and even then the attention to the hands is minimal. However, taking care of our hands should be a weekly routine in our beauty regime!
The truth is the first signs of aging actually show on your hands. Just like the skin all over our body, the hands can get wrinkles, age-spots, thin and saggy looking just like our face. That’s why it is so vital to start taking care of your hands early on, as a preventative step in maintaining beautiful, youthful hands.
Taking care of your hands has many benefits such as :
- Promoting healthy nails
- Hydrating the skin
- Removing dead skill cells
- Promoting a youthful looking appearance
- Preventing aging signs
It's never became easier with our Matcha Clay Powder- a powder that serves multiple purposes when it comes to masking. Not only is matcha good for your face but it actually does wonders for your hands as well. Upon experimenting last week after experiencing dry and cracked knuckles, I decided to take it upon myself to try the Matcha Clay Powder mask on my hands, and I was pleasantly surprised by how amazing the mask felt!
First, I noticed a calming, cooling effect that was very invigorating, then after about 10 minutes I washed off the mask and the result was smooth, hydrated, baby soft hands that lasted for days. I thought to myself that I definitely need to do this more often, and take the time in my beauty regime to focus on my hands as well.
Matcha Clay Powder is known for its powerful effects on the skin when it comes to revealing a beautiful complexion that is hydrated and rejuvenated. Rich in amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, our Matcha is derived from proud Japanese tea farmers who have carefully hand picked tea leaves for many generations. The match used in 23 SKIN Matcha Clay Powder is slowly ground using granite to retain maximum potency and reveal the purest matcha powder. In its purest form the powder is combined with Kaolin clay to absorb excess oil from the skin to reveal a radiant complexion.
Our hands need all those vitamins and minerals just as much as our face! The feeling of having baby soft hands is the best especially when skin is feeling rough, this nourishing treatment is all you need. Especially with the colder months coming in, our hands are going to need a little more love than usual. I recommend taking the time once a week to treat yourself with a Matcha Clay Powder hand mask to make sure that you have the most hydrated + smooth hands throughout the upcoming season.
Here are some amazing recipes for your hands with our Matcha Clay Powder:
Deep Cleansing Matcha Hand Mask
This deep cleansing mask helps to absorb excel oil in your palms, hands, and elbows while clarifying and rejuvenating the skin! Your hands, palms, and elbows will feel so clean and hydrated giving off an amazing glow. The Aloe Vera aspect of the recipe will really soothe the dry cracked skin that is irritated from the cold weather.
- 2 tbsp 23 Skin Matcha Clay Powder
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Warm Water
- Few drops of essential oil (can be lavender or absolute rose~optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in more water or more powder to get a perfect consistency, not too watery/ not too dry.
- Apply with a brush all over your hands, palms, forearms, and elbows.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes or until mask fully drys.
- Rinse off with clean damp wash cloth.
- Pat skin dry
- Follow up with favorite hand cream
Exfoliating Matcha Sugar Scrub
This DIY sugar scrub is perfect to exfoliate, nourish, and rejuvenate the skin on your hands, palms, forearms, and elbows to reveal smooth glowing skin. The organic sugar will act as a natural exfoliant and the virgin coconut oil will soothe and hydrate dry skin accumulation.
- 2 tbsp Matcha Clay Powder
- 2 tbsp tbsp Organic Sugar
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Drops of Essential oil (whichever you prefer~optional)
- First add the Matcha Clay Powder into the mixing bowl.
- Then add in the Organic Sugar and Virgin Coconut Oil
- Mix all ingredients until it forms a paste, depending on the consistency add more of less of Matcha or Coconut Oil.
- Add in 1-2 drops essential oil~ optional
- Mix Again
- Spread the scrub all over hands, palms, forearms and elbows.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove scrub with warm damp washcloth or rinse under water.
Hydrating Matcha Hand Mask
Dry hands is unfortunately common during the winter months and often times we fail to hydrate our hands when it's cold outside resulting in cracked dry hands! This matcha hand masks with oils is essential to thoroughly hydrate your hands to reveal baby soft skin!
- 1 tbsp Matcha Clay Powder
- 1 tsp carrier oil (olive, coconut, argon, or any of your favorite)
- Warm water or more oil for consistency.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and smooth all over your palms, hands, elbows, and forearms.
- Leave mask on hands for 10-15 minutes
- Remove mask with damp warm wash cloth or rinse under water